Rick Sessinghaus Psy.D is a proven Mental Coach in sports and business.
He is the expert on the mindset principles that make or break performance on and off the course. His coaching has helped top junior, collegiate, and professional golfers reach new levels of performance. Rick has also provided seminars and consulting to business teams and leaders improving their bottom line. Rick’s coaching philosophy revolves around his PERFORM performance system.
"Every individual whether on the playing field or in the boardroom is looking to improve performance. This may mean closing more sales, delivering influential presentations, creating cohesive teams, or thriving under pressure. Everyone is performing each day and faces challenges and fierce competition."
With Rick’s PERFORM systems one is evaluated on his or her mental skill, behavior under stress, and technical skills to uncover the best path for improvement. Rick is an expert on the crucial performance factors that PERFORMers need to reach their goals. As a sought after speaker and trainer to those companies looking to improve the key skills of motivation, focus, confidence, and execution, Rick’s PERFORM system for mastering the mental game skills has been used in his unique business training format. Rick uses golf as the metaphor for improving business performance.
He is an Instructional Editor for Golf Tips magazine and can be seen on Fox Sports Network as a mental game contributor. Rick’s book Golf: The Ultimate Mind Game has been featured in national golf magazines and used by leading golf instructors across the country as the “best resource to improve your mental game.” Rick uses the proven DISC assessment to develop high performance teams and having one understand how personality affects behavior. This is where Rick will develop content for each business’ challenges.
As a former professional golfer, Rick has now found more satisfaction helping others achieve their dreams than he did in his own competitive career. Long intrigued by the fact that physical skills were rarely the determining factor in athletic success, he studied the mental and emotional skills that make or break a performance. Adding to his Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Communications, Rick received his Masters and Doctorate Degree in Applied Sports Psychology. As he continues to enrich the quality of people’s lives through his proven performance enhancement system, Rick is constantly researching the latest scientific findings pertinent to achievement in golf, business, and life. He lives with his beautiful wife Kathy and daughters Grace and Katy, and son Grant in Burbank, CA.
- Member of the PGA (Professional Golfers Association of America)
- Advisory Staff Member for Wilson Staff Co.
- Certified Master Trainer of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- Mental Game Certified Professional and Mind Factor Certified
- Certified Professional for The Habit Factor
- Trained to administer/evaluate the TAIS (The Attentional and Interpersonal Style inventory), which has been used with Olympic athletes, CEO’s of Fortune 500 companies, high ranking military personnel, and many others looking to improve their performance.
- 2008 Southern California PGA Metro Teacher of the Year
- Named Golf Tips Magazine Top 25 Instructors in America
- Certified Practitioner of Athlete Assessments’ DiSC Profile
- Certified Bulletproof Coach